Islamabad (Staff Report)): Finance Minister Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar presided over a crucial meeting of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECC).
During the meeting, several important decisions were made to facilitate various sectors:
1) Approved a Total Sanctioned Grant (TSG) of 42.528 billion for the Election Commission of Pakistan, with an initial release of Rs. 10 billion.
2) Approved a TSG of Rs. 200 million for the Special Investment Facilitation Council.
3) Approved the summary presented by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting regarding charging electricity rates to Cinema Houses.
4) Approved the summary presented by the Ministry of Commerce, allowing the export of vegetable ghee and cooking oil from export processing zones to Afghanistan through land routes.
5) Approved revised cess rates of Tobacco for the year 2023-24.
The meeting was marked by productive discussions and timely decisions, reflecting the government’s commitment to supporting key sectors and ensuring efficient governance.
The Finance Minister, along with the Election Commission of Pakistan and other stakeholders, reaffirmed their dedication to upholding democratic processes and promoting economic growth in the country.